Exercises that are easy to do at home

Victoria Shircliffe

If you’re staying home over the summer, chances are you have at least one date night planned with you, junk food, and Netflix. Even if you’re not the most avid exerciser, there are several simple exercises you can do during that thirty second break between episodes.

A great abdominal workout is the “Modified Crunch”. In this exercise, you lie on your back with your right leg slightly bent and your left leg sticking straight up. Then you grab your left thigh with both hands and climb up your leg by moving your hands until you reach your ankle. Do this several times for each side.

If you’re looking to strengthen your legs and your back, a good workout is the “Marching Hip Bridge”. First, lie on your back with your knees bent. Then, lift your hips off the ground, straighten your right leg, and lift it up above you and come up on your left toe. Lower your hips toward the ground and rest your right foot on your left knee. After this, repeat five times for each leg.

For longer legs and toned arms and shoulders, try the “Inchworm Push-Up”. Begin by standing and slowly bending at your waist until your hands are on the floor (keep your legs as straight as possible). Use your hands to walk inch by inch until you’re parallel to the floor and then do a push-up. After this, use your hands to walk back to the start. Repeat 10 times.

These exercises are quick and efficient ways to fit a workout into a busy summer or a quick commercial break. If you stick with them for long enough, you’re sure to see results.

Exercises to do at Home

View Comments (1)