Ashley Wenz, Phoebe Schuler, and Alexandria Matthews work on English in the Achievement Center.
Sabrina Paul

The Achievement Center: Providing Personalized English Support for All Students

Recently, the Achievement Center has taken a significant step towards providing more personalized support for students in their English studies. The Achievement Center has developed a new program that involves having one or more English teachers in each study block to meet with students, whether that be for college essays or English homework.

This development is significant because it shows that the Achievement Center is committed to meeting the needs of all students, regardless of their grade level or academic background. By providing access to experienced English teachers, the center is helping students improve their writing skills, which is an essential part of academic success. Mrs. Conway, head of the achievement centers English says, “It is a very much appreciated collaboration with the department hosts.”

This new program is designed to provide students with the help they need to succeed in their English classes. English can be a challenging subject for many students, and the Achievement Center recognizes this. By having experienced teachers available during study blocks, students can get the support they need to improve their writing skills and better understand the material.

This program is especially helpful for students who struggle with English or who are looking to improve their grades. By having teachers available during study blocks, students can get immediate feedback on their work and learn new strategies for improving their writing. Additionally, students can get one-on-one help with difficult assignments and projects, which can make a significant difference in their academic success.

The new program also benefits students who are working on college essays or applications. By having English teachers available, students can get guidance and support in writing their essays and can get feedback on their work to ensure that their writing is of the highest quality. This can be especially helpful for students who are applying to competitive colleges or universities and need to submit strong application materials. Assumption student, Eleanor Lickteig says, “It’s awesome because she’s available. So, if I’m at any time working on an English project, she can be right there to ask me or answer the question.”

Overall, the Achievement Center’s new program shows the center’s commitment to providing personalized support for all students in their English studies. By having English teachers available during study blocks, students can get the help they need to succeed in their classes and achieve their academic goals.