The Ten Diversity Commandments at Assumption

This year, Assumption’s Diversity club created their own version of the ten commandments.
Designed by Erin Hynes
Designed by Erin Hynes

Assumption has a strong belief in their faith, and they show that each and every day. One of their Catholic beliefs includes following the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are a set of biblical principles that guide Catholics to act in good ethical ways. They are a significant part of what Assumption, as Catholics, believe in.

The Diversity Club has included these beliefs into an act of awareness. On announcements in the morning, they informed students on how they can be kinder through the Ten Commandments. Their goal was to relate the Ten Commandments to students. They did this by turning the Ten Commandments into ten ways on how to not be a mean girl.

They explained each of the Commandments and related it to showing kindness is some way. The Diversity Club has showed Assumption ways we can grow together in order to be good-natured. By following their advice to be inclusive and compassionate, students can come together as a community to improve on being responsive and influential towards one another.