Amazing Assumption Atheletes: Anna Krebs

Assumption Class of 2024 field hockey captain shares her story playing for Team USA.

Senior AG Gibson described the day her dreams came true when she got called up to the professional league, similarly, another senior in the class of 2024 also achieved an accomplishment only most dream of.

Anna Krebs, Assumption High School 2022 field hockey state champion, took the next step in her career when she competed with Team USA over spring break. After speaking to Krebs about her reaction to this news, she stated “My initial reaction was that I was excited, but most importantly proud of myself. From making the U16 team in 2022 and not making the U18 team last year, I was very proud to see my hard work pay off to reach a goal I have been working towards for a while.”

While the hard work eventually was worth it for Krebs, the process of making Team USA was very lengthy. Beginning with tournaments and lots of traveling, she competed for a tryout spot at the regional and national level. After continuing with the process, Krebs explained, “I was selected to try out for the team in December and made it. In the following months, there were many training camps that prepared us to go on tour in March.”

Anna Krebs

In addition to playing her sport, Krebs talked about her other favorite parts from the experience. For their field hockey tour, Team USA traveled to Belgium. Krebs said, “My favorite part of the entire experience was getting to play other countries’ national teams…Walking out on the field before the game and singing the national anthem was an unreal feeling that made me feel like my hard work has paid off.”

Krebs played a major role in Assumption Field Hockey success, was a state champion her junior season and was titled captain for her senior season. When asked about Assumption’s influence on her journey, Krebs had a lot to say. “Assumption had an immense effect on me for being on team USA. From the first day of freshman year, Assumption has encouraged me to have a tough work ethic, while also having a good time. I think this culture translated over to my experience with Team USA.”

Assumption is so proud of Anna Krebs’s accomplishments, and are excited for her to continue her academic and athletic journey at Northwestern University and the Division I level.