The Making of Assumptions Lip Dub

The Making of Assumption’s Lip Dub

An insider’s look on the latest Assumption Lip Dub, created in 2023.

Rockets will “Always Find Their Way Back Home” through the recent release of a lip dub coordinated and organized by the Director of Marketing and Admissions Mrs. Elisabeth Cassady starring a starstruck shadow played by freshman Rosie Wolfram.

We interviewed Rosie Wolfram on some insight on what it was like to be in the filming process of this video. Wolfram described her role as “the shadow who experienced Assumption’s magic” and expressed how playing the shadow made her feel the Assumption love that makes her feel at home.

According to Wolfram, the filming process for her parts began during her study hall a week before the school wide filming. Recruitment coordinator, Mrs. Kelsey Gunter, drove Wolfram back to her house to film the first segment of the lip dub which was the shadow waking up in her bed before her day at Assumption began.

Wolfram joked that she chose her older sisters’ room due to the pristine, white, cleanliness of it. She also explained that her sister was the only person she told about her role in the Lip dub. Wolfram was a very important part in the making of the Lip Dub video, but that was on the front lines, we also interviewed Mrs. Cassady, the manager of enrollment, to hear about the behind the scenes.

The Marketing and Admissions department worked for weeks to prepare for the lip dub.. Cassady was the ringleader for the whole production. With the last lip dub being in 2017, she said that “it was time” for a new one. This lib dub was Cassady’s fourth. She explained that it took weeks to prepare for this one, however, the first lib dub she created took months.

Cassady’s past experiences on the older lip dubs helped make our current one the smashing hit is it. Cassady states, “The lib dub really shows outsiders what the loving community of Assumption is.” She emphases that the lib dub brings a positive image to Assumption, but it also brings the community of Assumption together as well.

Everyone currently at Assumption is involved in the lip dub. One of the processes that made the lip dub successful, was its student leaders. With only one week to prepare, student leaders led their peers in the lib dub through various assigned parts and coordinated everyone in each part.  Making a successful Assumption lip dub requires everyone to come together and to be proud of their “home.”

Current, prospective, alumni rockets, and the whole Assumption Community can look at this year’s lip dub to “Always find their way back home.