Book review: Shiver

shiver

By: Carolyn Simon

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

After a freak wolf attack when Grace was younger, she seems transfixed with the wolves in the forest behind her house. One particular yellow eyed wolf she claims as her own. No one can understand why Grace has such an undeniable connection with the wolves.

Grace soon realizes that these aren’t just wolves; they’re werewolves and are only human during a certain amount of summers. Grace and her werewolf/ new found human boyfriend, Sam now have to struggle to figure out how they can make Sam’s possible last summer last as long as they can. As the cold creeps closer they grasp for any attempt to keep him human so they can stay together.

If you’re anything like me you might see the word werewolf and automatically dismiss this book to the shelves, but I urge you to do otherwise. As much as I hate to admit it Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver is an enticing love story that you won’t be able to put down, and when it’s over you’ll find yourself rushing to the book store to get the sequel Linger Stiefvater’s compelling writing puts you in a story that you won’t want to get out of.

2,977
View Comments (2,977)