The Best of Me makes a lasting impression

The Best of Me is based off the bestselling novel by Nicholas Sparks. It tells the story of Amanda and Dawson, two high school sweet hearts who are separated by a tragic event. Twenty years later they meet again in their small town for a funeral of a cherished friend. The two have a love that is undeniable, a love they really never forgot, and their bittersweet reunion reminded them of that love. Soon after they connect, they remember what drove them away in the first place. The movie captures the idea of young love that is true and undeniable, and the choices we have to make as we grow up.

The actors and actresses truly embodied their roles and make the movie amazing. Michelle Monaghan and James Marsden played the roles of Amanda and Dawson. Liana Liberato and Luke Bracely played younger Amanda and Dawson. As you see the story unfold between adult Amanda and Dawson, you see flashbacks of their teenage years. Liberato and Bracely had great on-screen chemistry and gave a great performance.

The beginning of the movie began a little slow, but as the plot developed, it became more intense. There were many heart-wrenching and tear-jerking moments. The ending of the movie came as a complete surprise. This Nicholas Sparks movie was different than the rest. Some parts are cheesy, and this movie is directed to a certain type of crowd, but the unexpected ending really makes this move stand out from other Nicholas Sparks movies.

This is a unique love movie that makes you leave the theater in tears, and heartache over the two characters Amanda and Dawson and their unquestionable love. For me, this movie is a must see.

Check out the trailer below!

The Best of Me 

1,373
View Comments (1,373)