Four helpful and hydrating foods to eat this summer

Clea Grubb

With a long and hot summer approaching, it is important to be aware of how much water someone is taking in. There are some foods that contain a lot of water and nutrients to help you stay healthy and hydrated this summer.

A cup of cucumbers is 95 percent water, according to eatingwell.com. They provide the daily value of vitamin C and fiber.  Cucumbers can be eaten in many ways.  A simple way is to slice them thin and dip them in dressings. Another way is to put them in salads or soups, or even just eat them plain.

Two cups of salad greens are 90 percent water and are fewer than 15 calories. It is also packed with fiber, vitamin C, and beta carotene. Not only will a salad help you stay hydrated, but it will help get you get your required servings of vegetables.

Watermelon really lives up to its name, being a great source of hydration.  At 92 percent water, it is refreshing and also a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants.  Fresh wedges can be a healthy snack or a fun appetizer at a summer party.

Strawberries are another great summer food, and they are great for you.  They contain vitamin B and are 91 percent water.  Strawberries can be eaten plain, or you can find a great recipe to use them in. Also, having a glass of water daily will make sure you stay hydrated and healthy this summer.

how to stay cool this summer pic- Clea Grubb

12,784
View Comments (12,784)