Miss Kentucky Field Hockey

This past November, Bailey Higgins, senior, won the first ever Miss Kentucky Field Hockey Player of the Year. She is the first ever to win this award as an Assumption student. Higgins has played varsity field hockey all four years while at Assumption, and won state in 2013 and 20o14, so this is a long earned honor.

She excels both on and off the field while being captain for two years running, and is also president of her senior class. Higgins has been honored with many awards. A few being Regional All American 2013, KY Defensive Player of the Year 2013, and Senior All-Star Team 2014. The award made Higgins feel unbelievable, considering it was something she had been working towards since she walked into Assumption.

“It felt like all my hard work was being seen by the coaches throughout the city. I honestly didn’t think I had won it, so it was amazing hearing my name called” Higgins said, after being asked how she felt about winning the prestigious award.

Next year, Higgins is going to continue her field hockey career as a Michigan State University Spartan. After college she hopes to continue playing by joining women’s leagues. Higgins can definitely see herself coming back to Assumption to coach and bring home another state title.

bailey higgins

Article by: Alex Raver 

5,984
View Comments (5,984)