The Student News Site of Assumption High School

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

How to move past your boring old breakfast

It’s Saturday morning. You wake up, go downstairs, and grab a bowl and a box of cereal out of the pantry. You fill your bowl with cereal and pour yourself a glass of orange juice. It’s the same routine every day. Don’t you get tired of it?

Of course you do! It’s time to switch up your regular routine. There are so many places around Louisville that serve breakfast and brunch for cheap, and it’s delicious.

One of the most popular places to eat is Wild Eggs. There are many locations around town including St. Matthews, Westport Village and Downtown. The items on the menu range from biscuits and gravy, to pancakes and crepes, to omelets and French toast. Items on the menu can become pretty pricy, but there is always plenty of food to share with friends.

Another popular place is Toast on Market, located on Market Street downtown. Toast on Market serves both breakfast and lunch, with the average cost of a meal being around 7 dollars. Toast is popular for their pancakes and hash brown casserole.

If you don’t have time to sit down for a long meal, there are still plenty of coffee shops around town to grab a coffee and a pastry. Breadworks is a bakery with 3 locations that serves scones, bagels, and cinnamon rolls. Another hip place is Please and Thank You downtown on Market. It’s a great place to grab a coffee, a pastry, and check out some records in their record shop.

So the next time you wake up on Saturday and grab your bowl and box of cereal, put them down and check out these restaurants!

Article by J.Lohr

Photo Credit: “Spoonful of cereal” by Scott Bauer, USDA ARS – This image was released by the Agricultural Research Service, the research agency of the United States Department of Agriculture, with the ID K8983-1 (next).This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.English | français | македонски | +/−. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spoonful_of_cereal.jpg#/media/File:Spoonful_of_cereal.jpg

803
View Comments (803)
Donate to AHS Rocket Launch

Your donation will support the student journalists of Assumption High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.