The Student News Site of Assumption High School

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

Live Yellow

Most of the time, when you ask someone what they associate the color yellow with, they’ll say sunshine, happiness, or school buses. But, if you ask someone that is a part of the Assumption community, they’ll only have one answer – junior year.

The bright, vibrant color is what faculty, staff, and students use to describe the year at AHS that brings along the title of “upperclasswomen”, driving yourself to school, junior prom, junior ring ceremony, and many other responsibilities inside and outside of the school building. It’s a year full of exciting events, which is why I was beyond thrilled to take on the color yellow for my junior year.

The members of my class and I decked out in yellow for several events throughout last year, including The Walk, Spirit Week, and a few sporting events. I remember looking up in the bleachers at the sea of yellow during the Spring Sports Pep Rally and thinking about how much the color had unified us throughout the year. Yes, we had worn it, but we had also lived it.

We had lived the color yellow through the way that we enthusiastically cheered on our classmates in championship games. We had lived the color yellow through the way that we accepted the leadership passed on to us at the Junior Ring Ceremony with joy and eagerness. We had lived the color yellow when we encouraged each other to do our best within the classroom and taking the ACT and we had lived the color yellow when we genuinely listened to each other open up on retreat. So, yes, junior year does bring the amazing privilege of wearing the color yellow, but it also brings along the even better privilege of living it.