Humans of AHS: Lexie Campisano

lexie campisano 2 (b&w)lexie campisano 3Lexie Campisano, senior, goes out of her way to learn how choices can impact her life.

“Coming here [is my best memory] because I had a tough decision between [attending] here and Pres. I chose here, and my life wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t.”

Campisano doesn’t regret her decision to come to Assumption. It has taught her many things inside and outside of the classroom.

“I learned by biggest lesson in high school. I learned to be myself. At St. Gabriel I thought I had to impress people and be something I’m not. It is important to be yourself.”

She chooses to be the person she wants to be and continues to find out a lot about herself.

“I really like to write poems. When my Grandpa passed away, my family was looking for a poem to read at his funeral; no poem seemed like him, so I wrote one and read it at his funeral.”

She’s able to gain knowledge through her family and friends.

“I started RHO (Rockets Helping Others) because of my friends. My friend had started it. I joined because I hadn’t really done other work. It expanded my knowledge. We work with kids, elderly, and a variety of ages.”

Lexie Campisano was able to grow into the person she is today because of the choices she has made. She has found what she is passionate about and has learned what really matters in her life.