Halloween Movie Musts

As Halloween approaches, spooky season is setting in. From “Family Friendly” to “Keep You Up at Night” here are some must watch movies to keep the spirit alive.

If you’re looking for a cartoon to sit down and watch with the family, you should consider Corpse Bride (PG), Monster House (PG), The Nightmare Before Christmas (PG), or Coraline (PG). There are also multiple live action adventure movies such as: Halloweentown, The Witches (PG), or The Sixth Sense (PG-13). Although, no one should forget the family classics: Gremlins (PG), Hocus Pocus (PG), Goosebumps (PG), and The Addams Family (PG). All of these movies make for a great way to spread the spirit of Halloween as you sit and enjoy time with your family.

However, if you’re looking for something a little more thrilling or suspenseful, add the following to your list of movies to watch with friends and embrace the spooky spirit. If you’re looking for a movie with supernatural evil you must watch Poltergeist (PG-13), The Darkness (PG-13), Mama (PG-13), Slender Man (PG-13), Dark Water (PG-13), or Truth or Dare (PG-13). Sometimes the supernatural alone isn’t enough, so consider these movies where supernatural evil manifests itself in mortal form: The Exorcism of Emily Rose (PG-13), Devil (PG-13), The Vatican Tapes (PG-13), Happy Death Day (PG-13), and its sequel Happy Death Day 2U (PG-13). Even if the supernatural doesn’t spook you, you can add the movies A Quiet Place (PG-13), The Visit (PG-13), Rear Window (PG), and The Birds (PG-13) to your “must watch” list.

Now, if none of the above have intimidated you, be forewarned the next will leave you sleepless. The movies Polaroid (PG-13), Countdown (PG-13), and Wish Upon (PG-13) will have you missing a few hours and adding an extra shot of expresso to your morning coffee. If that’s not enough and you wish to be kept up all night, you must watch: The Boy (PG-13), Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (PG-13), Insidious (PG-13), Winchester (PG-13), The Unborn (PG-13), or Jessabelle (PG-13). Although, if your scare tolerance is terrifyingly high, you can’t miss Ouija: Origin of Evil (PG-13), Ouija (PG-13), Ring (PG-13), The Bye Bye Man (PG-13), or The Possession (PG-13).

These movies, from whichever category you choose, are sure to keep you entertained during your movie spook-fest this Halloween season.

By Hailey Doran