Spirit Week

Spirit+Week

[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCvfPRsWgdw[/embedyt]

Spirit week – everyone’s favorite time to celebrate what they all love; Assumption! All week, students dress up in different daily themes. There are also many different activities including the winter sports pepe rally, the Senior Fly Girls Dance, and an early dismissal on Friday. Watch the video above if you want a look at the week’s best costumes! First, the week kicked off with Marvel Monday, where everyone sported costumes from their favorite Marvel movie or superhero. Tourist Tuesday followed, with a colorful array of Hawaiian shirts, cargo shorts, and bucket hats. Way-back Wednesday took us to some different eras, with many students dressing from the seventies, eighties, or fifties. Mrs. King and Mrs. Fleischer even took it back to the time of the Stone Age with their cavewomen costumes! Thursday kept the traditional class colors costumes, with freshman in green, sophomores in blue, juniors in yellow, and seniors in pink. For the early dismissal Friday, students could just roll right out of bed, because it was pajama day!

Thursday’s festivities not only included class colors, but the winter sports pep rally too! This pep rally honored our winter sports athletes, such as swim, archery, basketball, dance and cheer. The dance team started us off my performing their incredible jazz routine that won them the title of fourth in the nation. Next, varsity club taught the whole school a mob dance to perform at upcoming games (such as lacrosse and basketball) to the song ‘Fire Burning.’ The fun continued with a surprise from the teachers and staff, with a glow-in-the-dark dance routine to a combination of songs that left the crowd going crazy. Finally, the winter sports pep rally concluded with the seniors performing their Fly-Girls dance, a tradition where the dance team seniors choreograph a dance for the senior class to perform. This was the 20th year of the iconic Fly Girls dance and the seniors did amazing!

Be sure to watch the video above or on @rocketsjournalism on Instagram to see some of the best costumes from Spirit Week!

By: Kaelyn Douglas and Sarah Dahl

Photo provided by Ms. Ising