Lights, Camera, Action! Rockets Take the Stage

A look into Assumption’s most recent fall musical.

Sydney Doyle

The Rose Theater Company is Assumption High School’s theatre program. The program puts on two productions during each school year: a fall musical and a spring play. The fall musical this year was ‘The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee’.

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a comical story, full of laughter, fun, and of course, competition. The actors brought forth a show of excitement and entertainment that left everyone in the audience yearning for more.

Rose Theatre is a very welcoming environment that is full of warmth, energy, and enthusiasm. All are welcome when it comes to being involved in the program. Whether it’s participating on stage or behind the scenes, there’s something to do for everyone in Rose Theatre.

Students who want to be on stage for the musical audition in September and participate in rehearsals and practices until showtime. Behind the scenes, students can apply to work in a variety of areas to help the production run smoothly. From singing on stage to costumes, sound or lights, students can showcase their talents either from up close or from afar.

There is so much that goes into producing a musical and all of it is equally important. Students who choose to be involved behind the scenes work tirelessly to make costumes, build sets, or help to run the sound system. Students can also work in hair and makeup, publicity, stage management, or on the lights crew!

Rose Theatre is an amazing community that is filled with people who care for one another and who want the best for each other. There is no better place to spend time at, and no community more tightly knit than the Rose Theatre program!