The Student News Site of Assumption High School

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

AHS Rocket Launch

Retiring teachers say their final farewells to Assumption

Olivia Polston

As the 2013-2014 school year comes to an end, we not only say goodbye to the seniors, but a few teachers as well. There are three teachers that will be finishing up this year as their last one at Assumption. Richard Esarey, Julie Larocque, and Mary Ann Bohannon will be retiring once this year is complete.

Esarey began his teaching career here at Assumption 11 years ago and teaches both Algebra II and Pre-calculus. He says he will always remember his students and homerooms since he always gets the best ones.

“The one thing I’ll miss the most about Assumption is all the fun we have”, said Esarey.

Esarey’s homeroom partner,  Larocque will be retiring after 25 years as well next year. She began her career here as an English teacher and is currently the schools French teacher. She has many favorite memories from all the way  back in the 90’s before the CAC was built and the school was sitting on the old field hockey fields during a bomb threat on a May afternoon just laughing and having fun. Recently though, her favorite memory is seeing the school come together and perform the mob dance at the Pink and White Game this spring.

What she will miss most of all is “all the wonderful teachers and students I have learned from, I have made life-long friends!”

Bohannon, our current achievement center coordinator for the past four years, began at Assumption 14 years ago and was an English teacher for 10. One of her favorite memories here is back when there were lockers in the classrooms and some kids hid in them and were making noises and just made everyone laugh. The thing she says she will miss most are her colleagues and the community prayers we have every morning.

Esarey,  Larocque, and Bohannon will all be missed next year by their homerooms, students, and colleagues.

retiring teachers photo-olivia polston

1,527
View Comments (1,527)
Donate to AHS Rocket Launch

Your donation will support the student journalists of Assumption High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.